These tips will help you stick to some extra activities easier whether you want to do them at home, or in classes.
Do you often feel too lazy to work out? We all sometimes feel lazy. And this is OK. As it’s OK to be flexible with your exercise goals and to take some rest. However, making healthy routines like physical activities part of your daily life can have a huge impact on your health and general wellbeing.
Use these tips which will help you stick easier to physical activities and increase your motivation for regular exercise.
Reasons why you do not exercise
And How To Deal With That
There are a lot of reasons why people feel too lazy for any physical exercises. Let’s view to some of them.
You Don’t See Changes
If you don’t see any changes with your body as you expected or you don’t lose weight as you wanted, the disappointment might make you want to stop doing any exercises. Keep in mind that nothing comes overnight. It can take up to 6 – 8 weeks before you start noticing some changes in your body.
Make sure you:
know how weight loss works
give your body time
stay focused on your goals
You Don’t Like Exercise
For some of us exercise boosts endorphins and we feel even more enthusiastic, but some of us just feel exhausted. Especially when we start exercising any activities may feel hard at the beginning.
- Find an exercise that fits your lifestyle. You might start thinking about the next time you will exercise this again.
You Feel Tired
In the beginning, when you are trying to find your way, exercise may not be enjoyable. Later your body becomes stronger and any exercise starts to be easier. Even then you can feel tired, especially when you go to the next level of your exercises. Here are some things you can try:
- Drink more water. Usually, we are more dehydrated than we actually feel it. Research shows that even 1 percent dehydration negatively affects our body!
- Get enough high quality sleep. Unproductive, bad sleep affects our daily routine, brain function, work productivity.
- Take rest days: If you feel more exhausted than usual, it can be a sign that your body needs to recover.
You Don’t Have Enough Time
Many people are used to saying that they don’t have enough time. Remember: you own your schedule. Just look at your daily routine and think about how you are using your time. Probably the time is not the main issue. It’s more likely something else.
- Choose an exercise that doesn’t require a lot of time to prepare for it.
- Get up a little bit earlier to have more time to take a workout or use a part of your lunchtime for some exercises.
- Exercise at home. It’s a perfect way to save time.
You Lack Of Motivation
One of the most common challenges is simply to keep the motivation to exercise. You need to be really strong to stick with an exercise routine. We are happy to say, that motivation does that.
- Write down quotes that inspire and motivate you to keep going. Hang them on the walls in visible places.
- Write down your goals and check this list every time you feel lazy to do your workout. Set achievable goals, like walking 10 minutes each day or exercising 20 minutes two times a week.
- Make a calendar that tells you what exercise you are going to do.
- Track your progress. Seeing progress makes you want to keep going.
- Challenge yourself. Try competing with yourself for more exercises, faster times, or higher weights. A little competition can boost your motivation.
- Reward yourself. The promise of a half-hour rest, reading your favorite book or watching one TV series can get you going.
- Join the workout community. Find people with similar goals. They will help you stay on track.
Find Inspirational Prints To Boost Your Motivation
Get a Free Guide for Improving Your Yoga Practice
Yoga is a way to achieve inner balance, to promote a unique attitude to life, and deepen the spiritual way to live.
We at The Wild Essence want people to feel good, that’s why we inspire people to practice yoga.
Improving your yoga practice will help you:
get more creative and widen your possibilities
see your own practice in a new light
keep your yoga practice forever evolving
Sign up with your email address to receive a free PDF.